Thursday, January 2, 2014

Momma was a rollin' stone...

Over the holidays I had plenty of time to think about all the things I wished my mom and I could have done together if we had more time before her passing. Mom was always up for an adventure, nothing was impossible. She loved the beach, adored little mom and pop shops, and would eat her way around the world if given the chance! (And a Visa card paid by someone else =P)

So, with that in mind I figured, why not go to the places she dreamed about and take her with me. In spirit, of course, and her ashes as well.

Certain places will be easy, such as Carlo's bakery in Hoboken for a cannoli. Others will take a lot of planning and money saving - IE the Eiffel Tower. But it is a way to stay in touch with her even though she's left the physical world and enjoy some wonderful places I know she would have loved.

This list will certainly grow and change many a time:
  • Carlo's Bakery, Hoboken for a cannoli 
  • Disneyworld for a photo with Mickey and mouse ears
  • Atlantic City for a little gambling 
  • Bermuda for the pink sands 
  • The Eiffel Tower to look over the city
  • A New York Yankees game @ Yankee stadium (Preferably against the Phillies)
  • Anywhere Anthony Bourdain ate
  • Davis Island, FL to stand in awe at Derek Jeter's tacky ass mansion 
  • A reading from Theresa Caputo 
  • Hanging out with the Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan
  • Wearing a crazy hat at the Kentucky Derby
  • Visit Wrigley Field in Chicago 


I'm sure there are more and hopefully I can fulfill a few of these this year. 



2 comments:

  1. Anthony Bourdain actually ate at Chef Ken's Cafe in Mt. Airy. It's like, delicious homestyle take out soul food. I would be up for getting a plate with you any day and bringing it back to my place to drink to your mom.

    ReplyDelete